I love to look into the meaning and history of words and phrases.
Inspiration, inspire. What wonderful words.
v. in·spired, in·spir·ing, in·spires
1. To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence.
2. To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion: hymns that inspire the congregation; an artist who was inspired by Impressionism.
a. To stimulate to action; motivate: a sales force that was inspired by the prospect of a bonus.
b. To affect or touch: The falling leaves inspired her with sadness.
4. To draw forth; elicit or arouse: a teacher who inspired admiration and respect.
5. To be the cause or source of; bring about: an invention that inspired many imitations.
6. To draw in (air) by inhaling.
a. To breathe on.
b. To breathe life into.
1. To stimulate energies, ideals, or reverence: a leader who inspires by example.
2. To inhale.
When people tell you to just breathe, just take a breather, they are giving you the opportunity to be inspired. Relax, and thoughts will come to you!
home office (267) 209-0558